Gas storage well selective completions
Likhushin A.M., Myasishchev V.E. (OOO Gazprom VNIIGAZ, RF, Moskovskaya obl.)
Efficient well completion technologies exist presently. They enable production from a single reservoir zone – even in cases that a well taps into a multizone reservoir or gas storage. This is believed unpractical, in terms of recovery ratio and formation performance (as some intervals appear not brought on production). This paper highlights a selective well completion technology using dedicated packer designs. It shows completion charts, casing packer activation job sequence, and production string cementing. This technology is expected to boost storage well performance, reduce gas flow across reservoir and water coning, cut water content of offtakes, sustain terrigenous reservoir stability, and extend mean time between workovers.
Back to the section
1. Akul’shin A.I., Boyko B.C., Zarubin A.Yu., Doroshenko V.M. Ekspluatatsiya neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin [Operation of oil and gas wells]. Moscow, Nedra Publ., 1989. 480 p.
2. Vyakhirev R.I., Korotayev Yu.P., Kabanov N.I. Teoriya i opyt dobychi gaza [Theory and experience of gas production]. Moscow, Nedra Publ., 1998. 479 p.
3. Garifov K.M. Istoriya i sovremennoye sostoyaniye tekhniki i tekhnologii ORE plastov v OAO «Tatneft’» [The history and present state of the technology of simultaneous separate operation of beds at OAO Tatneft]. Inzhenernaya praktika, 2010, no. 1, pp. 19–29.
4. Ivanovskiy V.N., Darishchev V.I., Sabirov A.A, Kashtanov B.C., Pekin S.S. Oborudovaniye dlya dobychi nefti i gaza. Ch. 1. [Equipment for oil and gas recovery. Pt. 1]. Moscow, Neft’ i gaz Publ., 2002. 768 p.
5. Ivanovskiy V.N. ORE i intellektualizatsiya skvazhin: vchera, segodnya, zavtra [SSO and the intellectualization of wells: Yesterday, today and tomorrow]. Territoriya Neftegaz, 2010, no. 3, pp. 4–15.
6. Likhushin A.M., Myasishchev V.E., Litvinov A.V., et al. Sposob zakanchivaniya i ekspluatatsii skvazhiny podzemnogo khranilishcha gaza v vodonosnom plaste neodnorodnogo litologicheskogo stroyeniya [The process of completion and operation of the well of the underground gas storage in the aquifer of inhomogeneous lithological structure]. Patent RF, no. 2533465, 2014.