Sensitivity of symmetric component digital filters to voltage harmonics
Komkov A.N. (Gubkin State Oil and Gas University, RF, Moscow)
It was found that under voltage failure, asymmetry coefficient and total harmonic distortion tend to exceed admissible levels set by GOST 32144–2013 domestic standard. No such voltage failure parameters are defined by this standard as they mostly apply to emergencies. This paper aims to assess effects of higher voltage harmonic components on accuracy of direct and opposite voltage parts, or asymmetry factor. It was found that changes in voltage harmonics have minor effect on accuracy of direct sequence voltage component, and initial voltage filtration is not critical as a result. By contrast, higher harmonics appear to strongly impact the accuracy of negative sequence voltage, this calls for isolation of fundamental harmonics for relay protection systems such as stability loss protection. These and other conclusions are believed helpful under automation system relay protection design.
1. Komkov A.N. Odinnadtsataya Vserossiyskaya konferentsiya molodykh uchenykh, spetsialistov i studentov «Novye tekhnologii v gazovoy promyshlennosti» (gaz, neft’, energetika). Tezisy dokladov [The Eleventh All- Russian conference of young scientists, professionals and students «New Technologies in Gas Industry» (gas, oil, energy). Abstracts of papers]. Moscow, RGU nefti i gaza Publ., 2015, p. 521.
2. Ershov M.S., Rupchev I.O. Adaptatsiya zashchit uzlov elektricheskikh nagruzok k potere pitaniya pri nesimmetrichnykh vozmushcheniyakh [Adaptation of the protection of units of electrical loads to the loss of power under nonsymmetric perturbations]. Promyshlennaya energetika, 2004, no. 1, pp. 47–50.
3. Guseingadzhiyev A.O. Issledovaniye chuvstvitel’nosti tsifrovykh fil’trov simmetrichnykh sostavlyayushchikh k garmonicheskomu sostavu krivoy napryazheniya [Study of the sensitivity of digital filters of symmetrical components to the harmonic composition of the voltage curve]. Sbornik trudov 69-oy mezhdunarodnoy molodezhnoy nauchnoy konferentsii «Neft’ i gaz – 2015» [Proceedings of the 69th International Youth Scientific Conference «Oil and Gas – 2015»]. Moscow, RGU nefti i gaza Publ., 2014, vol. 2, p. 287.
4. Ershov M.S., Egorov A.V., Valov N.V., Komkov A.N. Uchet nesimmetrii pitayushchego napryazheniya v sistemakh zashchity ot poteri ustoychivosti promyshlennykh elektrotekhnicheskikh sistem [Accounting of nonsymmetry of voltage in the systems of protection against loss of stability of industrial electrical systems]. Promyshlennaya energetika, 2011, no. 9, pp. 22–24.
5. Ershov M.S., Egorov A.V., Komkov A.N. Vliyaniye nesimmetrii pitayushchego napryazheniya na ustoychivost’ sinkhronnykh dvigateley [Influence of nonsymmetry of voltage on the stability of synchronous engines]. Trudy Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta nefti i gaza imeni I.M. Gubkina [Proceedings of the Gubkin State University of Oil and Gas]. Moscow, RGU of oil and gas Publ., 2012, no. 1 (266), pp. 117–128.
6. Komkov A.N., Guseingadzhiyev A.O. Vliyaniye nesinusoidal’nosti na rabotu fil’trov simmetrichnykh sostavlyayushchikh [The impact of nonsinusoidality at the work of filters of symmetrical components]. Fedorovskiye chteniya – 2015. XLV mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya s elementami nauchnoy shkoly [Fedorovskiye Readings – 2015. XLV International Scientific and Practical Conference with the elements of scientific school]. Moscow, MEI Publ., 2015, pp. 318–322.
Back to the section