Finding reliable source for dependable power consumers
Blyuk V.V. (Gubkin State Oil and Gas University, RF, Moscow)
This electric power supply system is built around a transformer with 2 inlets and outlets. It was specifically designed to improve stability and maintain major power loads of continuous process consumers which are running under frequent emergency outage in their supply systems. Such power source is expected to cut interruption periods under power breakdown thereby largely reducing industry process emergency downtime. This transformer features streamlined design, low cost, and offers highly reliable control circuit supply lines. It was found experimentally that short circuits in a single outlet, even for worst cases of three-phase solid faults, typically lead to 15% or lower voltage reduction in another outlet. The same applies to transformer inlets. These and other benefits are discussed in this paper.
1. Men’shov B.G., Ershov M.S., Egorov A.V., Nazaretova A.A. Ustroystvo pitaniya i raspredeleniya elektricheskoy energii v sistemakh elektrosnabzheniya [Power supply and distribution of electricity in power supply systems]. Patent RF, no. 2054780, 1996.
2. Egorov A.V., Melik-Shakhnazarova I.A., Surzhikov A.V. Opyt povysheniya nadezhnosti elektrosnabzheniya vysokotekhnologichnogo proizvodstva [Experience of improving the reliability of power supply of the hightech production]. Trudy RGU nefti i gaza imeni I.M. Gubkina [Proceedings of the RSU of Oil and Gas]. Moscow, RGU nefti i gaza Publ., 2012, no. 3 (268), pp. 130–139.
3. Blyuk V.V., Lapin D.I. Sbornik trudov 69-oy mezhdunarodnoy molodezhnoy nauchnoy konferentsii «Neft’ i gaz – 2015» [Proceedings of the 69th International Youth Scientific Conference «Oil and Gas – 2015»]. Moscow, RGU nefti i gaza Publ. 41 p.
4. GOST 32144 – 2013. Normy kachestva elektricheskoy energii v sistemakh elektrosnabzheniya obshchego naznacheniya [State Standard 32144–2013. Quality standards for electric power in power supply systems of general purpose]. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2014. 7 p.
5. Pravila ustroistva elektroustanovok. 7-e izd. [Rules of arrangement of electrical installations. 7th Ed.]. Moscow, NTs ENAS Publ., 2004.
Back to the section