Modern approach to gas storage well production tree diagnostics
Egurtsov S.A., Skrynnik T.V., Ivanov Yu.V., Tokmakov A.I., Timoshko I.S. (IOGT LLC, RF, Moscow)
This paper notes a critical need to maintain safe operation of production trees of gas storage wells. Timely location of corrosive or erosion-driven X-mas tree internal surface wear is believed an issue of vital importance. With this in mind, the authors address existing tree designs and various nonintrusive testing methods in common use under diagnostics. They also propose a technical assessment technology which avoids tree or its parts removal from wellheads and well killing, and highlight new procedures involving wellhead bore measurements and location of internal zones affected by corrosion or erosion. A dedicated instrument now exists to run this diagnostics. When implemented, it is expected to bring viable benefits to existing well maintenance practices.
1. GOST 13846–89. Armatura fontannaya i nagnetatel’naya. Tipovye skhemy, osnovnye parametry i tekhnicheskiye trebovaniya k konstruktsii [State Standard 13846–89. Production tree and discharge fittings. Typical schemes, basic parameters and technical constructional requirements]. Moscow, Izdatel’stvo standartov Publ., 1989. 14 p.
2. GOST 28996–91. Oborudovaniye neftepromyslovoye ust’evoye. Terminy i opredeleniya [State Standard 28996–91. Oil-field and wellhead equipment. Terms and definitions]. Moscow, Izdatel’stvo standartov Publ., 2004. 23 p.
3. GOST R 51365–2009. Neftyanaya i gazovaya promyshlennost’. Oborudovaniye dlya bureniya i dobychi. Oborudovaniye ust’ya skvazhiny i fontannoye ust’yevoye oborudovaniye. Obshchiye tekhnicheskiye trebovaniya [State Standard R 51365–2009. Oil and gas industry. Equipment for drilling and production. Production tree and wellhead equipment. General technical requirements]. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2011. 62 p.
4. STO Gazprom 2-2.3-139–2007. Provedeniye ekspertizy promyshlennoy bezopasnosti i tekhnicheskogo diagnostirovaniya fontannykh armatur i oborudovaniya ust’ya skvazhin PKhG [Standard of Gazprom 2-2.3-139–2007. Examination of industrial safety and technical diagnostics of production tree and wellhead equipment of UGS facilities]. Moscow, IRTs Gazprom Publ., 2007. 105 p.
5. R Gazprom 2-3.3-732–2013. Tekhnicheskoye diagnostirovaniye fontannykh armatur i oborudovaniya ust’ya skvazhin [R Gazprom 2-3.3-732–2013. Technical diagnostics of production trees and wellhead equipment]. Moscow, Gazprom Expo Publ., 2013. 77 p.
6. Metodicheskiye ukazaniya po provedeniyu obsledovaniya fontannoy i nagnetatel’noy armatury s istekshim srokom sluzhby i opredeleniye vozmozhnosti yeye dal’neyshey ekspluatatsii [Methodical instructions for survey of the production tree and discharge fittings with life-expired and the definition of the possibility of its further operation]. Ufa, NEFTEGAZMASh Publ., 2000. 57 p.
Back to the section