Satellite data support to environmental monitoring in Tomsk region oil and gas areas
Yashchenko I.G., Peremitina T.O. (The Institute of Petroleum Chemistry, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, RF, Tomsk)
This vegetation cover monitoring programme was focused on West Siberian several oil and gas territories, it covered 2000/15 period and was built around MODIS thematic products. The proposed approach to assessment of multifactor environmental impacts in oil and gas upstream territories mostly relied on remote vegetation survey tools using NVDI – Normalised Difference Vegetation Index. The proposed approach was tested across technology-affected territories of Urman, Luginets, Myldzhym, and Krapivin (Tomsk Region) oil fields. The follow-up analysis helped us to define in more detail the suppressed vegetation condition mostly found for Myldyzhin field, and to identify progressive environmental improvements across all other territories.
1. Peremitina T.O., Alekseyeva M.N., Yashchenko I.G. Otsenka vliyaniya nefterazlivov na sostoyaniye rastitel’nogo pokrova i prizemnogo sloya atmosfery s ispol’zovaniyem kosmicheskikh snimkov [Assessing the impact of oil spills on vegetation cover and atmospheric surface layer using satellite images]. Optika atmosfery i okeana, 2011, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 606–610.
2. Altunina L.K., Svarovskaya L.I., Alekseyeva M.N., Yashchenko I.G. Integrated Assessment of Anthropogenic Contamination of Oil-Producing Territories in Western Siberia. Petroleum Chemistry, 2014, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 234–238.
3. Afonin S.V., Belov V.V., Engel’ M.V. Analiz regional’nykh sputnikovykh dannykh MODIS Products [Analysis of regional satellite data MODIS Products]. Sovremennye problemy distantsionnogo zondirovaniya Zemli iz kosmosa, 2005, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 336–342.
4. Cherepanov A.S., Druzhinina E.G. Spektral’nye svoystva rastitel’nosti i vegetatsionnye indeksy [The spectral properties of vegetation and vegetation indices]. Geomatika, 2009, no. 3, pp. 28–32.
5. Ekologicheskiy monitoring: Doklad o sostoyanii i okhrane okruzhayushchey sredy Tomskoy oblasti [Ecological Monitoring: Report on the state and environmental protection of Tomsk region]. Tomsk, Del’taplan Publ., 2014. 194 p.
6. Gosudarstvennyi doklad «O sostoyanii i okhrane okruzhayushchei sredy Tomskoy oblasti v 2014 godu» [State report «On the state and environmental protection of the Tomsk region in 2014»]. Tomsk, Del’taplan Publ., 2015. 156 p.
Back to the section