Coordinate and accuracy compared for GPS and GLONASS in exploration lease acreage
Galaganov O.N., Guseva T.V., Krupennikova I.S. (Schmidt Institute of Physics of the Earth, RAS, RF, Moscow)
Presently, most studies focused on modern Earth’s crust motion in geodynamic testing sites mostly rely on global satellite-based positioning systems such as GPS and, since recently, the Russian GLONASS system. However, mainly GPS has been employed for data processing by far, which can be explained by more severe coordinate errors with GLONASS and incompatible coordinate data produced by each system. The paper presents accurate satellite data comparisons based on steady-state differential positioning found useful for geodynamic tasks. This setup included parallel records from GLONASS and GPS over 2012/14, assisted by multisystem dual-band receivers located in 34 points of a local geodetic grid. Continuous measurements in each point were ranging from 6 to 4 hours. Special emphasis was placed on coordinate compatibility between GLONASS and GPS within ITRF system.
1. Maznitskiy A.S. Geodezicheskiy monitoring i prognozirovaniye tekhnogennoy geodinamiki na mestorozhdeniyakh nefti i gaza: diss. d-ra tekhn. nauk [Geodesic monitoring and forecasting of technogenic geodynamics at oil and gas fields. Doct. Diss.]. Kiev, KNUCA Publ., 2002. 25 p.
2. Rukovodstvo po geodinamicheskim nablyudeniyam i issledovaniyam dlya ob’’ektov toplivno-energeticheskogo kompleksa [Guidance on geodynamic observations and researches for the facilities of the fuel and energy complex]. Moscow, Gidroproekt Publ., 1997. 121 p.
3. Vremennye ukazaniya po vyyavleniyu i kontrolyu zon riska vozniknoveniya avaryi i chrezvychainykh situatsiy pri osvoyeniy nedr i zemnoy poverkhnosti na osnove rezul’tatov geodinamicheskogo rayonirovaniya [Temporal instructions for the identification and control of risk areas of occurrence of accidents and emergencies during the development of mineral resources and the earth’s surface based on the results of geodynamic zoning]. St. Petersburg, VNIMI Publ., 1997. 12 p.
4. Kontseptsiya «Geodinamicheskaya bezopasnost’ osvoyeniya uglevodorodnogo potentsiala nedr Rossii» [The concept: Geodynamic safety of development of the hydrocarbon potential of mineral resources of Russia]. Moscow, IGIRGI Publ., 2000. 56 p.
5. Galaganov O.N., Guseva T.V., Krupennikova I.S., Perederin V.P. Sravneniye dannykh GLONASS i GPS izmereniy na geodinamicheskikh poligonakh Comparison of the data of GLONASS and GPS measurements at geodynamic polygons]. Monitoring. Nauka i tekhnologii, 2014, no. 1 (8), pp. 6–15.
Back to the section