Remote Earth sensing experience: Environmental hazard monitoring across Yamburg oil and gas province
Baltabayev Sh.G., Bykova A.V., Volkov O.V., Nikonov D.V. (OOO Gazprom Dobycha Yamburg, RF, N. Urengoy)
This paper addresses the key monitoring aspects, using remote Earth sensing tools, when targeting hazardous environmental processes across oil and gas fields in a cryolite-intensive zone. The targets include both natural and technology-driven systems in Yamburg field, specifically in its zone of sea cliff edge retirement. For each chosen area, analysis data inputs were produced: high-resolution satellite acquisition, aerial photography, tachymetry, engineering and geological survey, and monitoring data. Coastal line retirement rate distribution was produced for soil foundation composition and properties, and channel geometry. The authors point to a range of prospects potentially achievable with comprehensive monitoring management, using remote Earth sensing data, including high-resolution satellite photography coupled with air drones.
Back to the section
1. Gafarov N.A., Baranov Yu.B., Vanyarkho M.A., et al. Ispol’zovaniye kosmicheskoy informatsii v gazovoy promyshlennosti [The use space information in the gas industry]. Moscow, Gazprom Expo Publ., 2010. 132 p.
2. Aerokosmicheskiy monitoring ob’’ektov neftegazovogo kompleksa [Aerospace monitoring of oil and gas facilities]. Ed. Bondur V. G. Moscow, Nauchnyi mir Publ., 2012. 558 p.
3. Kizyakov A.I., Zimin M.V, Leybman M.O., Pravikova N.V. Monitoring skorosti termodenudatsii i termoabraziii na zapadnom poberezh’ye ostrova Kolguyev s ispol’zovaniyem materialov kosmicheskoy s’’emki vysokogo razresheniya [Monitoring of speed of the thermodenudation and thermoabrasion on the west coast of the island Kolguyev using aerospace survey with high definition]. Kriosfera Zemli, 2013, vol. XVII, no. 4, pp. 36–47.
4. Abrosimov A.V., Sizov O.S. Distantsionnoye geoprostranstvennoye informatsionnoye obespecheniye nedropol’zovaniya v usloviyakh Kraynego Severa: predotvrashcheniye riskov, svyazannykh s termoeroziey [Remote geospatial information support of the development of natural resources in the Far North: Prevention of risks associated with thermal erosion]. Geomatika, 2013, no. 3, pp. 50–58.
5. Erozionnye protsessy tsentral’nogo Yamala [Erosion processes of the central Yamal]. Ed. Sidorchuk A.Yu., Baranov